Before applying, please contact us to determine with the program will run in a given semester. The application consists of three parts: 1) online application form for admission to the program, 2) online application form for the student travel to Cuba license, 3) interview and written language assessment.
Also, please note: Students interested in participating in the DRCLAS Study Abroad Program in Cuba must complete and submit the Harvard College Approval of Term-Time Study Abroad Plan Form to the Office of International Education (77 Dunster Street, Cambridge, MA 02138) by March 1st, 2018.
Fill out the DRCLAS Study Abroad Program in Cuba Application form found here. Please note there are supplemental documents to upload, which include the following:
* One-page essay on objectives of participating in the program
* Resume or CV
* Scan of unofficial grade report
* Course Preference Form
* Scan of passport
* Scan of student ID
* Scan of proof of health insurance
* One letter of recommendation (letters can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
PART 2 INTERVIEW & WRITTEN LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT
The interview and written language assessment will be scheduled after all application materials have been submitted online. A DRCLAS staff member will be in contact after the deadline with more information.
PART 3 (UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE PROGRAM)
Fill out the DRCLAS Study Abroad Student Travel to Cuba License Application form found here.
Program Costs The total semester program costs include international airfare, tuition, lodging, program fees, a one-week orientation program, cell phone, special Harvard activities, seminars, one organized trip outside Havana, and enrollment for credit at the University of Havana.
- Up to 60 days (prior to two months) of the program start-date, DRCLAS will refund 90% of the program fee billed.
- Between two months to eight days (prior to one week) of the program start-date, DRCLAS will refund 70% of the total program fee billed.
- Between one week and one day before the program starts, DRCLAS will refund 50% of the total program fee billed.
- On or after the program start date, while the student is traveling to or is in-country, DRCLAS will not grant any refunds under any circumstances.