DRCLAS awards Student Group Grants to Undergraduate Student Organizations, Graduate Student Organizations, University-wide student organizations, and Graduate Special Groups working with a Harvard faculty member for publications, workshops, conferences, and/or events at Harvard University related to Latin America, the Caribbean, or Latinx populations in the United States.
Support may include, but is not limited to, grants (amount varies based on need, average $500), content/strategy advice, publicity, print materials, and venues. Student groups are encouraged to apply in advance, in an effort to create more opportunity for collaboration between DRCLAS and the group.
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis (with a recurring deadline of before the 1st of the month). Groups are notified of application status within 2 weeks of submitting.
Application requirements include:
• Brief Synopsis
• Detailed description
• Detailed budget
• List of any applicable current/potential cosponsors
• Perceived community impact
• Link to any digital materials/publicity already in place
Please note the following conditions:
• This grant will does not support any travel activities outside of the Boston Metropolitan Area
• Events must have a strong academic component (study breaks are not considered)
• Groups applying for retroactive funding will not be given priority
Applications are now open. Submit your completed application directly to DRCLAS using this Qualtrics form.
*Groups that submit prior to the 1st of the next month will be reviewed in that month. For example, if you apply on August 29, your application will be reviewed in September. If you apply on September 2nd, your application will be reviewed in October.
Contact Rachel Murray-Crawford for any questions.