In Summer 2014, in collaboration with its partners, DRCLAS will offer the following student opportunities in Bogotá, which together constitute the Summer Internship Program in Colombia. The application deadline for DRCLAS Summer Programs is February 9, 2014 by 11:59 pm.
- Two internships at the Agencia Nacional para la Superación de la Pobreza Extrema (ANSPE), through the Centro Colombiano de Innovación Social. These internships are open to students from Harvard College or Harvard Kennedy School. If you are an undergraduate interested in this internship, please apply through the Institute of Politics (note earlier deadline of February 2). Details below.
- Journalism internship(s) at Verdad Abierta/Semana, for a Harvard College student. Details below.
- Two internships at the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications (MINTIC), for a Harvard Kennedy School student. Details below.
- Clinical observation and medical Spanish learning opportunity through the DRCLAS/Universidad de los Andes (UniAndes) summer program (approx six Harvard College students). Details below.
This program runs for 8 weeks (1 week of orientation and 7 weeks of internship). Tentative dates for 2014 are June 9 - July 31, 2014.
Program Fee and Financial Assistance
Program fees include orientation, lodging, and tuition (if relevant). Air fare, meals, and incidental expenses are not included.
- Undergraduate fee: $3,000 for internships*
- $4,500 for pre-med UniAndes program
* Student(s) selected through the IOP will receive a stipend of $5,000 to cover the program fee and additional expenses.
If you are seeking financial support for your international activities, please investigate Harvard Funding Sources database. In particular, the Office of Career Services Summer International Internship, Service, Volunteer and Research Assistantship Grant may be relevant. In addition, for students with very high financial need, DRCLAS may be able to subsidize the costs of the DRCLAS program. All students requesting financial aid from DRCLAS must submit the completed Student Consent to the Release of Information form, which can be found at the end of each program's application. For HKS students, we encourage you to apply for additional funding available at HKS.
- Undergraduates only: Please fill out the CARAT application form online. In the CARAT online form, please include one reference who will be contacted to fill out a brief questionnaire (should be from Harvard community: TF, advisor, professor, etc.)
- DRCLAS Summer Programs Supplement
- Your personal statement (500-750 words)
- Your resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Graduate students only: 1-2 letters of recommendation
If you are a student seeking further information about summer opportunities in Colombia, contact DRCLAS Student Services Associate, Yadira Rivera, (617) 496-9153.