Graduate students in the humanities and social sciences explore new directions in Cuba studies through interdisciplinary, transnational, and multi-epochal approaches.
Themes of the symposium include (but are not limited to):
- race, class, gender, and sexuality from the colonial period to the present
- Cuban-US relations; or, Cuba’s international relations both historically and today
- mobility, migration, exchange
- religion and spirituality
- intellectual and cultural history/production
- political economy, politics, state formation, political science