Student Group Grants are awarded to Undergraduate Student Organizations, Graduate Student Organizations, University-wide student organizations, and Graduate Special Groups working with a Harvard faculty member for publications, workshops, conferences, and/or events at Harvard University related to Latin America, the Caribbean, or Latinx populations in the United States.
During AY 20-21, support may include: minimal grants for approved expenses, content/strategy advice, and publicity. Student groups are encouraged to apply in advance, in an effort to create more opportunity for collaboration between DRCLAS and the group.
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis (with a recurring deadline of before the 1st of the month). Groups are notified of application decisions within one month of their review period.
- This grant will only support remote activities, until further notice
- Events must have a strong academic component (study breaks are not considered)
- Groups applying for retroactive funding will not be given priority
Review Process & Timeline
- All applications are reviewed monthly. To be included in the upcoming month's review, you must submit before the 1st of that month. If you submit after, your application will be reviewed the following month. For example, if you apply on August 29, your application will be reviewed in the September cycle. If you apply on September 1st, your application will be reviewed in the October cycle.
- The process of receiving notice and then obtaining actual funds may take up one month. Please plan accordingly when applying for a grant.
- DRCLAS is unable to accommodate last-minute reviews for groups that apply late. Retroactive funding, for such case, is considered low-priority.