Student Group Grants are awarded to Undergraduate Student Organizations, Graduate Student Organizations, University-wide student organizations, and Graduate Special Groups working with a Harvard faculty member for publications, workshops, conferences, and/or events at Harvard University related to Latin America, the Caribbean, or Latinx populations in the United States.
Support may include, but is not limited to, grants (amount varies based on need, average $500), content/strategy advice, publicity, print materials, and venues. Student groups are encouraged to apply in advance, in an effort to create more opportunity for collaboration between DRCLAS and the group.
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis (with a recurring deadline of before the 1st of the month). Groups are notified of grant decisions within one month of submitting.
- This grant does not support any travel activities outside of the Boston Metropolitan Area
- Events must have a strong academic component (study breaks are not considered)
- Groups applying for retroactive funding will not be given priority
Review Process & Timeline
- All applications are reviewed monthly. To be included in the upcoming month's batch, you must submit before the 1st of that month. If you submit after, your application will be reviewed the following month. For example, if you apply on August 29, your application will be reviewed in the September batch. If you apply on September 2nd, your application will be reviewed in October.
- The process of receiving actual funds may take up to two weeks, given the University's submission requirements. Please plan accordingly when applying for a grant.
- DRCLAS is unable to accommodate last-minute reviews for groups that apply late. In such circumstances, groups should plan on a possibility of receiving retroactive funding (though no funding is guaranteed).